The agenda of this 13-hour training includes:
- An introduction to the ASI (clinical utility, research purposes, strengths and limitations),
- Question-by-question review of all ASI items including question intent, suggested probes and coding rules,
- Discussion of Composite Scoring,
- Instruction on the two-step method of Interviewer Severity Rating derivation,
- Role-plays of administration of ASI sections,
- Competency exercises measuring trainee familiarity with the instrument and coding conventions, and a
- Review of the features and functionality of the DENS ASI® software (optional).
Each trainee receives a binder filled with a comprehensive set of materials created by the developers of the ASI, including copies of the ASI and associated manuals and publications, and a handout of the entire ASI presentation and worksheets and other practice materials. In addition, trainees receive a certificate upon completion of the training, which can be submitted for CEU/CEC credits.
Additional ASI-related training services available include:
- ASI “booster” trainings (in-person or via web conference),
- DENS ASI software training,
- NREPP-approved CASPAR training,
- Training-of-Trainers (TOT), as well as
- ASI Coding and Interviewer Certification.