Please find below links to paper-and-pencil copies of different versions of the ASI, TSR and other tools, along with training manuals to assist in the proper administration and coding of the instruments.
Our computer-based, automated ASI program (called the DENS-ASI) can be purchased here.
Our computer-based streamlined RANT for courts can be purchased here.
For further information and assistance, please contact our free ASI Helpdesk via email or call the ASI Helpline toll-free at 1-800-238-2433.
Instructions for downloading Instruments and Manuals: If you do not currently have ADOBE ACROBAT READER installed on your computer, you will need to download it first. It is free of charge and will quickly install on your computer by going to Adobe.com
Versions of the Addiction Severity Index (ASI):
- Addiction Severity Index – 5th Edition
- Addiction Severity Index – 5th Edition (Spanish)
- Addiction Severity Index– 5th Edition (for user with Native Americans)
- Addiction Severity Index – Lite
- Addiction Severity Index – 5th Edition Clinical Training Version
- Addiction Severity Index - DENS
- Addiction Severity Index – Lite: Clinical Trials Network Version – Part 1
- Addiction Severity Index – Lite: Clinical Trials Network Version – Part 2
Versions of the Treatment Services Review (TSR):
Calculating ASI Composite Scores – Information:
Excel Composite Score Program
– allows users to electronically calculate composite scores for each ASI section:
SPSS Composite Score Syntax
– allows users to calculate composite scores for each ASI section using SPSS
TRI thanks our 2014 corporate and individual donors for making this important resource available. Learn more about corporate sponsorships.